I Met a Blogger

About seventy-five years back, I stumbled across a little website called x-entertainment. I fell in love with it immediately because of the content and the readers and blog posters who, like me were insanely obsessed with nostalgia, holidays, and cold weather. Over the the time I spent there, I can honestly say I have made friends on that site whom I had never seen with my own eyes, until yesterday.

That’s me and Billy/Will/Bill/the man behind veggiemacabre. He’s moving across the entire country to start an amazing new life, and was nice enough to stop and visit on his way.

So, one down.

This entry was posted in blogging, Blogroll, internet, Life, travel and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to I Met a Blogger

1. JoshC says:

I’m jealous, I assume he’s on the way to meet me next.
    Thats a swell picture.

Probably, it goes Minnesota->Newfoundland->Idaho, right? πŸ˜‰

3. WHOOOO!!! Awesome!

[WARNING! The morality and ethics of the following advice are suspect at best…]

And if it goes “Minnesota->Newfoundland->Idaho” he has secretly developed teleportation technology that will make him rich beyond your wildest imagining…so kidnap him and torture him until he divulges the secret!

Or proposes to you.

Either way you get to be rich!

you can’t imagine the weird noise i just made when i saw that picture. best described as a combination between a gasp and a girly squeal.

and I’M going to assume that he didn’t drive right past me on his way to Minnesota.

oh, and that picture is precious.

Amy-from what I know, there was no Wisconsin driving involved.

doho- you’re next.

8. JoshC says:

Wait, WHAT?!
    IF Bill goes to doho next there will be serious consequences.

doho would be easier to find if anyone actually knew who he is. or am i the only one? he’s probably afraid i’d stalk him.

anja hintzler.

and josh, you need to come here, i don’t see NL on my travel itinerary in the next forty years.

Or, we could have an XE con in NL.

11. triniechu says:

awww thats awesome! I used to use xanga all the time and I definitely made a lot of good friends on that site and I actually met about 2 people from there πŸ™‚

12. JoshC says:

I think you just had the best idea ever K-Bles!

that would be awesome. not sure how i’d explain it when i asked off for work, but…

josh, have you been calling her k-bles on a regular basis, or is this the first time? because i was just thinking that this morning, and i want to know if you are getting inside my brain. and what else did you see.

14. DC says:

Very cool.

15. JoshC says:

I think this is either the second or third time Amy, sorry.
    I won’t tell anyone…

I guess it’s settled, we all travel to Josh’s neck-of-the-woods to make up for all the Canadian jokes.

Round-trip from Chicago to St. John’s is $865. Start collecting cans and stray pennies and we’ll be able to go in no time flat.

Amy- nothing makes me happier than the fact that you looked that up πŸ™‚

19. sarah says:

Kristiane, you’re a strange bird.

Oh maaan! Awesome.
    I too wanted desperately to squeal, but had to restrain myself.

I have to say, meeting internet people takes mad guts.
    I’ve never done it, probably never will.
    What would we talk about!?

Kitty- yeah, but it’s billy. And I had mace πŸ˜‰

the thought that billy may not have been who we expect never crossed my mind…but now that it’s been brought up…wow. i suppose that’s been known to happen, but it’s not like you met him on yahoo personals.

i just want to say that i am 100% who i portray myself to be. and i’m pretty sure you are too. but i dont know about that kelli chick… πŸ˜‰