Top 7 Summer Commercials

I guess it’s gonna be summer soon. I woke up this morning and could feel the muggy air and looming thunderstorm. Soon we’ll be swimming in the lake and eating Popsicles by the dozen. Also, we will be bombarded with television commercials promising us that THIS will be the greatest summer of our lives.
Here are 7 commercials that delivered us that promise in the past:

7. NKOTB Coke Commercial

Yes. Coke is always better after watching it sipped by boy band members who are “tough enough”.

6. Kool Aid Street Hockey

Am I the only one who was scared of the Kool-Aid Man?

5. Sunny D

I always wondered why the mom would hide the Sunny Delight behind the purple stuff, when clearly the kids wanted it more. Maybe it was just the thrill of the hunt.

4. Pepsi Chill Out

So many old stars. I wonder what they are doing now?

3. Mc Donalds

This is the only one that I cannot remember first hand, but it is a good one anyhow.

2. This Bud’s For You!

Too bad I don’t like beer. These people seem to have formed an incredible bond because of it. This is also the longest commercial in the world.

1. Sunkist

…shuns shuns shuns shuns shuns

Strange Search of the day- “microwave cat”

This entry was posted in Baseball, Blogroll, entertainment, family, food, home, how to and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Top 7 Summer Commercials

But didn’t you write about microwaving cats once? I thought it was you at least.

Anyway, I’m seeing the same NKOTB commercial for the first 3 entries.

Yes, I did. But who is searching for that? And thanks, fixed that.

as much as i love seeing donnie wahlberg with a TAIL, i just stopped by to say i hope your car survives the hail i just saw on cnn.

4. Galileo says:

The Sunny D ad reminds me of Dave Chappelle’s stand-up act involving Grape Drink.

“Notice that Black kid in the background when they mention the Purple Stuff…He’s goin ‘That’s ‘Drink’!'”

This has inspired my co-worker Tim to refer to purple gatorage as “Purple Drink.”

Amy- Thanks for the thought. Luckily I made it through with no damage at all. My old neighborhood is apparently trashed, however.

6. Euphemize says:

Somehow i missed the point. Probably lost in translation 🙂 Anyway … nice blog to visit.

cheers, Euphemize!