Who’s Gonna Embrace NKOTB This Time?

If my guessing is correct New Kids On The Block were popular about 1988-92. I fell right in their target audience during those years. I never did idolize them, not on any level. Don’t for a second think I was too cool for the New Kids. I had my share of favorite songs from terrible artists. (Think Paula Abdul and MC Hammer) I just did not listen to the New Kids. My best friend, Kristina, loved them. She had the wrist watch. She had all their cassettes. She had Bop magazine cut-outs of them on her walls.

Photobucket
1980’s

This time around who is going to hang posters of Joey? Who is going to read interviews of Donny’s likes and dislikes? Who is going to shriek when it comes time to see them live?
They are too old for the tween audience. I assume that the kids may listen, but no eleven year-old girl is going to have a crush on a group of thirty-five to thirty-nine year old men. The New Kids are the same age as her father.

Photobucket
2008

Should I be the one to camp out all night in efforts of being front and center when they come to my town? I could lean forward and touch one of their hands when they reach down to the crowd as they sing the long note in ballads I know they have directed toward my soul.

NOTE: You want to hear their song, you do. Click this and you can.

This entry was posted in dancing, food, funner, health, home, how to, kids, Life, music, survey and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Who’s Gonna Embrace NKOTB This Time?

The two guys on the right are wishing they didn’t make that blood oathe 20 years ago so that the left one can get back to his desk job and the right one can get back to his Dungeon Master duties at his D&D college club. This is the one, this is the time he doesn’t switch his major just before getting it.

actually, the second from the right tried to do a comeback thingy years back. I think it was him anyhow, they all look the same.

3. JoshC says:

I’m ashamed to say I was a huge NKOTB fan when I was A kid…
    I still feel the beatings..

4. Giant Idiot says:

The one in the middle, Donnie Wahlberg was excellent in Band of Brothers as Carwood Lipton. I think he should stick with acting and forget about being a man-bander.

5. tony says:

there all frickin hot that’s all I need to know

6. joshc665 says:

Donnie was also pretty good in that Mini-series The Kill Point.
    Wait, was that a mini-series?
    I wonder If I’ll love NKOTB now as I did when I was a kid..probably not..
    *walks away humming “Hangin’ tough”

7. RIVERA says:

I just finished listening to that young singer Nasri on MYSPACE and his music is so great. He is actually behind the NKOTB comeback. He wrote the song “ click click click”, “Close to you” and co-wrote “ summertime ” with Donnie. He also is working on some other songs with the group according to the NKOTB website. Here’s the link I found.

My Favorite song is “NOT THE SAME” (myspace.com/nasriworld)

Check his myspace and add him as a friend because he always replies back with a thank you. He’s really hot too!!

GO NKOTB & NASRI

So I embarrassed myself as usual. When I heard that these guys were reuniting I said out loud, “I wonder if Justin Timberlake will be there or is he too good for that.”
    There were a lot of blank stares. That is what happens when you listen to The Jam and The Buzzcocks for the past 20 years.

Okay, I’m Excited.
    Not in the fact that they’ll go back to being teeny-bopper heartthrobs, but I hope maybe they’ll be like the Modern Day “Rat Pack” and do lots of harmonies and all that classy shit lounge-swingin’ shit. That would be SOOO rad.
    I’d pay BUKU bucks to see them do a Show in Vegas if that’s the path they’re gonna take.

10. Giant Idiot says:

@ kittymao
    Problem with Men Back on the Block trying to do a Rat Pack act is they do not have the charisma to pull that off. I can see what you are getting at but Frank, Dean and Sammy were just awesome and no way that can be duplicated. If you want to see the Rat Pack go see the show they have in Vegas, I think it is “Rat Pack: Live at the Sands”, I saw the traveling show and it was awesome.

i will embrace them in my heart…but probably not in public.

12. squee4242 says:

You know it never even occurred to me to wonder whether there was an audience for their comeback! I guess I just assumed that there’s always an audience out there for terrible music. Not to disparage any true NKOTB fans out there.

I saw and liked the Kill Point miniseries as well, and I totally don’t get why Wahlberg would drop the acting after he worked for so long to get taken seriously to just go back to man-banding. I guess they’re hoping to dance in unison all the way to the bank.

tony- the one on the far right is butt, the rest…it’s a stretch.
    Greg, oh Greg. You need to go read a magazine from 1990.

I for one will not purchase their music, because I rarely do. I don’t do the illegal thing, but it’s gonna have to be re-playable thousands of times for me to buy something.

14. Ben says:

Well…the have the shiny suit thing down cold, at least.

15. Tina Marie says:

Okay so I was not a crazy fan for New Kids on the Block when I was younger. But I can remember that my best friend was a fanatic. I remember she had the dolls and everything. So like everyone from the past the New Kids are getting back together and dropping a new album soon. Want to know what they have been up to and what the future holds for them check out http://ryan.kiisfm.com/cc-common/losangeles/podcast/onair.html to catch and interview with the kids.

16. Christina says:

Both Jordon Knight (2nd from the right) and Joey McIntyre (far left) had one hit wonders, if you can even call them that, back in late 90’s, but the boy band days are pretty much over, at least in the US, I used to live overseas, and in Europe and Asia, boybands were HUGE before they were even known over here! I used to be a BSB fan, was gonna marry Nick Carter, the whole dream came crashing down once Paris Hilton got her claws in him LOL!!!! Anyhoo, just happened upon your blog, drifting between random people’s blogs, just thought I’d say hello!!!