Last week, as the snow ended and the rain began in Minnesota, my son decided that he needed an umbrella. So, I told him on Friday that he could get one on Saturday if he was good for the night. Good of course equals eating ones vegetables and brushing ones teeth and going to bed without fuss on time. He knocked the first two requirements out without effort.
When it came to bedtime, he had difficulties. My boyfriend Tim aka tg was over and when I told Max it was bed time and he resisted as he always does, I said in a stern voice, “You better be good if you want an umbrella tomorrow.” Well, without knowing the story behind it tg laughed as hard as he could. I mean, I just promised my offspring shelter from the rain as though it was a luxury, so I couldn’t blame him.
Max has the umbrella now, he loves it. He uses it whenever he is outside just in case rainclouds appear instantaneously. It’s fun to bribe kids with necessities.
Like The Pilver!
- RT @GreggFavre: Before his death, Officer Sicknick was reportedly knocked unconscious with a fire extinguisher. While down, the crowd cont… 1 week ago
- I will be grateful for the end of fake crowd noises in professional sports. 1 week ago
- RT @FieldYates: Exactly a decade ago today, Marshawn Lynch caused a Beast Quake. One of the most memorable runs in NFL history. https://t… 1 week ago
- RT @atrupar: Introducing my new full sleeve tattoo https://t.co/ADaFHVnQjA 1 week ago
- What a great day to start using Twitter again! 1 week ago