Last week, as the snow ended and the rain began in Minnesota, my son decided that he needed an umbrella. So, I told him on Friday that he could get one on Saturday if he was good for the night. Good of course equals eating ones vegetables and brushing ones teeth and going to bed without fuss on time. He knocked the first two requirements out without effort.
When it came to bedtime, he had difficulties. My boyfriend Tim aka tg was over and when I told Max it was bed time and he resisted as he always does, I said in a stern voice, “You better be good if you want an umbrella tomorrow.” Well, without knowing the story behind it tg laughed as hard as he could. I mean, I just promised my offspring shelter from the rain as though it was a luxury, so I couldn’t blame him.
Max has the umbrella now, he loves it. He uses it whenever he is outside just in case rainclouds appear instantaneously. It’s fun to bribe kids with necessities.
Like The Pilver!
- RT @MsMeg9: @RepThomasMassie https://t.co/fbF0Ra2kah 1 month ago
- Not sure why, but I can’t ever seem to get into Twitter. But I’d be ok with Facebook never coming back and MySpace… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- @EmbryEthan 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 5 months ago
- I will be grateful for the end of fake crowd noises in professional sports. 1 year ago
- RT @FieldYates: Exactly a decade ago today, Marshawn Lynch caused a Beast Quake. One of the most memorable runs in NFL history. https://t… 1 year ago