From Squee4242Here are the rules: 1) Link back to the person who tagged you. 2) Post the rules on your blog. 3) Write six things about yourself. 4) Tag six people at the end of your post by posting links to their blog sites. 5) Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their site. 6) And let your tagger know when your entry is up.
1. People always describe me as shy or quiet in real life with the exception of when I am in “work mode”
One of the classes I took last semester I made very sure to raise my hand a whole bunch and comment on others readings a ton, or so I thought. When I received my evaluation from the teacher it said, “Thank you for your gentle presence in this class.” I had honestly felt as though I had been somewhat loud and slightly obnoxious.
But at work, I apparently show a fire-cracker side. I have two nicknames at my current job, Truck Stop Waitress, given by a regular who was chatting me up when I had too much to get done to sit and listen to his story, so I said to him, “Are you going to order or what?” Also, Redhot, because, according to one of my co-workers, “She’s little but spicy.”
Even tg called me mousy at one point.
2. I hate the Laundromat. Hate hate hate it. I hate it so much that often times I do my washing by hand in my bathtub and then hang the clothes to dry on my shower curtain. The only bad thing with this is that Minnesota is a virtual swamp in the summer time and clothes can take days to dry this way. So, in about a month or so I will be forced back to the ‘mat.
3. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and I don’t feel the need to go back to sleep, though it is only 5:45 at present. The night before last I slept for nearly eleven hours, I think this is why. Also, I hae no idea when I went to be last night, I never looked at the clock. They say you cannot store up sleep you can only catch up, but I think they are wrong.
4. I buy Martha Stewart Living every month, though I never actually use any of her tips.
I have been doing this for the past several years. I barely even read them, with the exception of October-December. At some point I will own a house and just think of all those Good Things I have stored up.
5. One morning when I was in high school I woke up and my sister painted this on my wall, “Be nice to me.” She had planned on painting only “Bell” because it’s our name, but ran out of room. So, it actually read:
Nice to me.
I have no idea why she chose that of all the sentences in the world that can begin with Be
6. I have several irrational fears including: getting my hair cut at a salon, talking on the phone to strangers, and flying in airplanes. I avoid these things whenever I can. I did not have cable TV for the first few months I lived at my current place because I did not want to speak to the cable company on the phone. Now they have raised my bill to 76 dolars a month and I cannot bring myself to cancel or change my subscription.
I cannot think of who will do this, so I’ll guess:
Amy aka Mary Jane
I’ve never been to a barber in my entire life. It started as a fear when I was a child but it soon became a lack of necessacity. I cut my own hair these days. I don’t fear strangers on phones but I hate phones with the same passion you hate laundry mats.
I agree about the storing sleep thing.
Yeah, I have an aunt that is a stylist, and she lives 1700 miles away. But if I am not in her presence, which I rarely am, I do the bathroom haircuts every time and have since I was about 15.
Oo! Okay, coolio patoolio.
aaaaaaaand, I’m done!
i did mah six things. 🙂
Oh geez. it was about 3 years ago that I swore never to participate in another one of these.
Ah…whatever…I’ll do it eventually.
OMG, I’ve never been tagged before! *giddy*
K, I’m done w/ my 6 things….considering I’ve got a list of 100 random things up somewhere on the old blog, it was hard to come up w/ some original stuff. Hopefully, I didn’t dissappoint.
I’ll have to get back to you on the 6 things about me. But in the mean time, Be nice to me:)
Thanks to you all who did this.
Pingback: 6 Things « Hopping Into Puddles